STARBOARD CONSULTING: YOUR CHOICE FOR MAXIMO IMPLEMENTATION
Starboard Consulting includes highly-trained and knowledgeable IBM-certified team members. The leadership team includes:
Karen Buck, Executive Director – Karen has over 30 years of information technology (IT) senior management experience and more than 20 years building and managing IBM Maximo Consulting Practices to deliver high quality Maximo implementation consulting services. Karen has served as Project Executive or Engagement Manager on over 40 Maximo projects for a wide variety of clients.
Karen was honored by the U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce by being awarded the 2013 Innovation and Performance award. Awards are given to leading women-owned small business contractors from all across America, federal agency leaders, prime contractors, key resource providers, and congressional leaders who work hard every day to keep the doors to opportunity open for women in business.
Melissa Ekmark, PMP, Vice President is responsible for executive management of Starboard’s Project Managers and Functional Leads and has a significant role as one of Starboard’s Solution Directors responsible for ultimate project visioning and success. Melissa has been a technology consultant for 30 years and has been providing Maximo implementation services for over 20 years. Melissa has fulfilled a variety of roles for her EAMS clients including Solutions Director, IT Manager, Functional Lead, Program Manager, Project Manager, Technical Lead, QA/Testing Manager, and as a member of the development staff.
Melissa has completed projects for numerous clients in the electric, water, wastewater, and gas industries. Melissa has significant experience implementing complementary enabling technologies with interfaces to the pertinent enterprise systems including GIS, SCADA, Financials, HR, Fleet, CIS, Inspection, Outage Management, and One Call. Melissa has the following certifications in Project Management and applicable technology:
- IBM Certified Deployment Professional – all versions (4, 5, 6, 7.1, 7.5, and 7.6)
- IBM Certified Infrastructure Deployment Professional – all versions
- IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional IBM Service, Asset, and Financial Management
- PMP – Project Management Professional
- ITIL – Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation version 3
- ITIL Service Capability – Release, Control, and Validation Intermediate Certification
- Mobile Certified Deployment Professional
- Prosci Change Management Professional
- Scrum Practitioner – Scrum Master and Scrum Product Owner Certifications
Amy Tatum, P.E., Vice President is responsible for the oversight and management of Starboard’s Technical Staff and also serves as one of Starboard’s Solutions Directors. Amy has over 25 years’ experience as an engineer and technology consultant. Amy has managed the Maximo implementation of numerous projects, including electric generation, transmission and distribution, water and wastewater services, public works, property management, facilities management and fleet services.
Her project work has included the design and implementation of custom software applications, technology project management, and the procurement and implementation of computerized maintenance management (CMMS)/enterprise asset management (EAM) systems. Amy has worked exclusively with the various versions of the Maximo product line from version 3.0.2 through the current version, Maximo 7.6. Amy has the following certifications:
- IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional – Maximo Asset v7.6
- IBM Certified Deployment Professional – Maximo Asset Management v6, v7.1, v7.5, v7.6
- PE – Registered Professional Engineer, Florida
- IBM Certified Solutions Advisor
- IBM Smarter Cities
- IBM Certified Support Associate– Tivoli Support Provider Tools and Processes